Cosmetic issues

Apr 27, 2009 at 3:30 PM
Icons in ribbon are blured - this can be solved by setting the RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="NearestNeighbor" and the RenderOptions.EdgeMode="Aliased" on the image element in ribbon button...But i can't tell what other elements suffer from this blurines...Also the ribbon application menu button looks much better without being blured, i solved that by removing blur bitmap effect from the ribbon application button template...But really it's one of the best Ribbons i've seen, better than most commercial ones, keep on!...
Jul 30, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Hi jadryk,

With blured, you mean that the image is distorted and for example the lines aren't straight? Because I've got this Problem with the PNG I use for the ApplicationMenuButton. Doesn't matter which size I choose (32x32, 40x40) the Image looks bad. I read your solution ("removing blur bitmap effect from the ribbon application template"), but I'm not really sure, how to do that. I don't wanted to write an own whole Template for the RibbonApplicationMenuButton. Is ist that what you mean? I would be glad if you could help me:)

Regards,

picatshow